Customer Success Lead - Auckland
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to reduce theft and Organized Retail Crime, a $150 billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across Australasia, North America, and the UK.
Auror connects people with intelligence to reduce crime. As a company, we’ve built a high-performing, positive culture with a focus on providing an inclusive environment for a diverse team. If you’re excited about reducing crime and building safer communities, for everyone, then we want you on our team.
About Customer Success at Auror
Customer Success at Auror is high impact. As we bring on some of the world's largest retailers a lot of our time is spent on planning and delivering large-scale rollouts, running training sessions for thousands of users, and creating strategic engagement plans that ensures our customers see a reduction of crime and harm in their stores. And we are incredibly successful in doing this.
We pride ourselves on the partnerships we have with our customers. We have an incredible NPS score of 71 and continue to have high engagement and satisfaction from our customers. We are proud to set the standard for success in our industry globally. You can learn more about our approach here.
About the role
As the Customer Success Lead for New Zealand (NZ), you will work directly with some of our largest NZ enterprise customers throughout the entire customer lifecycle, as well as provide leadership, coaching, and mentorship to our NZ-based Customer Success team. This is a role where being a great team player and coach is essential. You will frequently switch from people-leadership to developing strategic initiatives for customers, day to day tactics, and everything in between.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and empowering the customer success team to be successful in their roles
- Managing your own Book of Business and designing and delivering engagement plans for our customers, while supporting the team to do the same for their customers
- Working with key stakeholders to understand their priorities and how Auror can add value
- Taking ownership of pilot and rollout plans and ensuring we have the resources we need to deliver
- Partnering with Retail Partnerships & Sales to understand requirements of future customers
- Collaborating with other Customer Success leaders, ensuring we are thinking globally but acting locally in how we’re supporting our customers
- Working with Product to ensure successful rollouts of new product features and providing feedback on new product builds
- Being the escalation point for the customer success team
- Fostering a positive, inclusive team culture and proactively leading team development including hiring, onboarding, career development and performance management
- Striving to ensure continuous scalable improvements to customer success metrics, customer satisfaction (NPS) and internal processes and tools
This role reports to Jess Speir, Retail Director ANZ
I started my professional career as a corporate lawyer before shifting into the fast paced world of advertising where I partnered with some of the world’s most loved brands to find creative solutions to their business problems. Fortunate to have a choice, I took a 6 year career hiatus to have my family and during this time an interest in mental health led me to study Psychology. Six years and four children later (we went for three and got twins!) I decided to return to the work-force and was deliberate in seeking out Auror. We’re solving a real problem affecting our communities and have a team of high performing superstars who are genuinely passionate about empowering retailers and Police globally to stop crime, for good. Outside of work I’m in full mum-mode, carting my kids here, there and everywhere, but when I can I enjoy nothing more than some quiet time to myself ensconced in a good book. You can check out my LinkedIn here.
- A solid understanding of customer success fundamentals and what contributes to a successful customer journey
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in hiring, coaching, and mentoring high performing teams
- Strong collaboration, time-management, influencing and prioritization skills
- Experience developing strategic engagement plans for enterprise customers
- Have good problem solving skills with a natural affinity with technology and people. You enjoy tackling challenges and coming up with structured and strategic solutions
- Excellent active listening and communication skills - whether it be in person, on the phone, on instant messaging apps, video calls, email, or when writing guides for people
- Being a team player who flourishes in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
You share our values as we are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page)
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Aurors guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive Market Salary: Depending on level of experience - $110,000-$140,000NZD (PL3)
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks: Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below.
We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.