Talent & People Experience Partner (US & UK) - Denver
At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organized in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
First and foremost this role is focused on attracting great talent to Auror. But what makes this role really exciting and rewarding is that you’ll be working across the full People Experience (PX) lifecycle, at a company that prides itself on having a strong culture.
We want to be the best place to do great work. To do that we must balance having a high level of care for our people but also a high level of care for performance. The Talent & PX Partner plays an important role in attracting, growing and retaining our amazing team.
At Auror, we value co-location and have a hybrid flexible working model; the Auror office is located in the RiNo Neighborhood where the majority of the team spend 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely. This is a Denver-based role.
With a focus on our teams in the North America and the UK, the core responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with our teams to attract and hire the best talent
- Continuously improving our onboarding processes, both remote and in-person
- Helping to make our workplaces the best environments to work in
- Partnering on projects that support individual, team, and company growth across the different PX Portfolios
- Coming up with ways to build team engagement and social connections
Practically, this will involve:
- Collaborating with different Aurors to gain an understanding of our hiring needs & priorities
- Leading proactive, innovative sourcing and recruiting efforts for all teams, locations, and levels of hiring
- Working with the team to attract quality talent and provide exceptional candidate experiences
- Hiring the best talent that adds to, and enhances the Auror culture
- Supporting internal mobility and helping our existing team learn and grow
- Taking responsibility for recruitment practices that support building diverse teams
- Developing and owning our employer branding and talent community strategies
- Owning and enhancing selection processes, assessments and technologies for recruitment
- Upskilling our team on interviewing tactics and techniques
- Supporting the wider PX team to help make Auror a great place to work for everyone
- Partner with other PX Team Members and Leaders on projects across our PX Portfolios such as DEI, Wellbeing, People Development and Technology
- Build and maintain all employment agreements across office locations
- Maintain a compensation philosophy and job level strategy
- Provide Employment Relations guidance & support to the business
- Supporting with Leave and Payroll Reporting
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety requirements
- Administration of people processes
- You have experience in end-to-end recruiting of talent at all levels, globally and preferably in a technology company
- You are confident in handling any sensitive and confidential people issues, and ideally be highly knowledgeable with employment law and employment relations in a US and/or UK context
- You are able to work autonomously, and at pace (not haste) while juggling multiple priorities
- You’re a strong relationship builder who enjoys partnering with people leaders - you’re seen as a natural coach and trainer
- You have excellent communication skills - whether it be on the phone, on Slack, video calls, email, or when writing guides for people
- You lead with a positive attitude and a strong sense of responsibility when it comes to your work
- You have an overwhelming level of enthusiasm for building a world-class company culture
- You demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page)
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
You’ll be reporting to Katrina Hau, Director People Experience
I’ve spent the last 10 years in the people and culture space, working across a variety of different sectors including management consultancy, non-profit organizations, social enterprise and tech. As Director of People Experience at Auror, my mission is to build the best place for people to do great work. I’m forever learning about how to help others (and myself!) do better when it comes to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. I am a proud parent to a wonderful 4 year old human. In my spare time, I love reading webtoons, trying out new recipes in the kitchen, Lego-building (with or without my child), and helping out at my local community center whenever I can. You can check out my LinkedIn here.
- Competitive Salary Range: Depending on level of experience $120,000 - $150,000USD (IC4).
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognize there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks (at full pay): Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision): Auror covers 100% of the cost of your health insurance plan with United Healthcare & Metlife.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
- Making an impact: You’ll work to solve interesting problems and help us keep communities safe.