At Auror, we’re empowering the retail industry to tackle theft and Organised Retail Crime, a $150 Billion problem globally. It’s high volume crime that’s increasingly organised in nature and is putting people, retailers, and communities at risk every day.
Founded in New Zealand 11 years ago, we’re working with some of the best and largest retailers in the world across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. Auror is connecting people and intelligence to reduce crime. We’re using technology for good.
In partnership with our leading retail partners, we need people with the passion, determination, and innovation required to overcome one of the world's largest problems. If you’re looking to make a difference with and for the people dedicated to stopping crime, for good, then we want you on our team.
As an Assistant Accountant at Auror you’ll be a vital member of our small Finance team. You’ll be responsible for day-to-day accounting tasks, assisting with management reporting as well as supporting the wider team with finance-related queries. It’s a varied role with no two days the same and an excellent opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic and fast-paced environment within the tech industry.
Please note the role is Auckland-based and you must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Practically, this will involve:
- Managing bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assisting with supplier bills and payments
- Customer invoicing processes and account receivable
- Providing support to the wider business with accounts-related queries
- Helping with balance sheet reconciliations and monthly management accounts
- Assisting with tax compliance such as GST returns
- Participating in year-end processes and annual audits
- Ad-hoc project, administration and analysis work
You’ll be reporting to Georgia Burns, Finance Manager
I joined Auror nearly a year ago after having spent eight years in the SaaS space. I love the NZ tech industry - it's fascinating, it's evolving, it's future-thinking. At Auror, I get to work with passionate people solving a meaningful problem for our customers and making a difference in the world of retail crime.
Within the Finance team at Auror, we're focused on not just financial reporting but also adding value across all teams through business partnering, problem-solving, and insights. As a people leader I'm here to support and guide you, and also want you to feel empowered to make the role your own. Outside of work I enjoy being active through indoor bouldering, taking my dog Gracie for walks, long weekends camping but also love a quiet night in with a movie and great food! Check out my LinkedIn here!
- A bachelors degree in Accounting
- Ideally 1-3 years commercial or public practice experience, working in a varied accounting role
- Experience with accounting software and Microsoft Excel (Xero experience is a bonus!)
- We’ll support your CA/CPA studies
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- A good eye for detail
- Inquisitive with a continuous improvement mindset
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
We are looking for people who demonstrate a strong alignment to our Guiding Principles (you can find these on our Careers page).
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Auror’s guiding principles, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Auror, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
- Competitive salary Range: Depending on level of experience of $60,000-80,000 (IC1)
- Employee share scheme: You’ll own part of a company making a real difference!
- Flexibility: We are hard-working and outcome focused, but recognise there is more to life than work. We promote a healthy work/life blend.
- Shorter work weeks (at full pay): Everyone gets Friday afternoons off, so you can start your weekend early, and do more of whatever it is that makes you happy.
- Focus on mental and physical health: We understand how vital our health is and have policies to support your wellness, including: Wellness Days, and up to three expert sessions paid for every year.
- Family-friendly: We offer comprehensive parental leave and benefits for primary and non-primary caregivers, including a baby bonus and meals delivered to your door.
- Personal growth: We support our team to participate in courses, conferences, or events that will help them develop their skills.
- Team love: We have regular team lunches and social events where most (if not all) activities are during work hours.
What are the next steps?
If you’re excited about our mission and you have experience and a passion for this role, please hit “Apply” below. We’re proud that Auror is a place where everyone can learn and grow. So if you’re not sure that you tick all the boxes but feel you’re close to what we’re looking for, please apply anyway as we’d love to hear from you!
Once you apply, you’ll hear from us to acknowledge your application. If you have questions about any of the above, or if you have any accessibility requirements, we’ll be able to help you from there.