Director of Business Systems & Analytics
HappyCo (Happy Inspector)
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
Director of Business Systems & Analytics
As our new Director of Business Systems & Analytics at HappyCo, you will oversee all company internal data and systems, data models, and business analytics. Reporting directly to the COO, you will bring your senior-level experience and expertise to align cross-functional department expectations and requirements to set the company vision and strategic plan for internal software and data. Your objective will be to develop, execute, and maintain a systems strategy that maintains data integrity across systems for analytics and reporting ensuring consistency across departments. You will make sure we have the right data structures, tools and applications in place to enable internal stakeholders to make data driven business decisions.
You will have the opportunity to use your leadership skills while also rolling up your sleeves – guiding the internal data strategy as well as doing the work – as you will be the first senior leader hired in this function with responsibility primarily as an individual contributor, supported by a small team for the near term. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to design the internal data strategy and systems function that will be a key driver in HappyCo’s future success.
This role is a 100% US-Remote role; however, in order to effectively collaborate with team members effectively candidates located within the US Pacific time zone are preferred.
Role Expectations and Outcomes
- Control of all company internal data and data warehousing
- Formulate processes for quality data collection and uploading to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Deliver data modeling and system architecture across all business systems to ensure data is well structured, and using optimal software stack for current and future reporting needs
- Recommend, evaluate, plan, and implement enterprise applications to support and meet current and future company objectives, based on the requirements of internal customers
- Provide business analytics and reporting, including funnel metrics and line of sight visibility from lead to customer churn
- Partner closely with internal leaders in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Finance to provide critical ongoing and on-demand reporting on business health
- Oversee usage of corporate software, both internal and 3rd party, including removing duplicative software or unused licenses to reduce overall software spend
- Manage the purchase and integration processes of new/upgraded business information systems, including assessment of impact on other internal systems and reporting
- Provide support and guidance during M&A activity of company system and data migration
- Manage a small team of business analysts and occasional contract support
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance
- Perform a detailed audit and analysis of all applications and systems used across departments to understand their functionalities, interdependencies, and business relevance.
- Get to know department heads and key stakeholders to understand their current needs, challenges and future objectives
- Develop a robust, forward-thinking strategy that ensures our application ecosystem and how we manage data supports current operational needs, scales with our growth, and remains flexible to emerging technologies
- Begin rollout of proposed changes, enhancements and decommissioning (where needed) of systems in line with strategic plan
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a senior management or leadership role in IT, data science and analytics, or related field with proven expertise in delivering and executing on a strategic systems and data vision across diverse IT environments; experience working for a B2B SaaS organization is highly desirable
- Experience with BI and data warehouse tools, databases and data modeling, (relational, document SQL or NoSQL). Prefer some coding experience creating system interfaces.
- Proven understanding and familiarity with a wide range of enterprise and cloud based applications and the ways in which they work well together
- At least 5 years experience managing cross-functional teams and projects and holding influential position with key stakeholders
- Strong business acumen with a pragmatic approach to decision making
- Exceptional change management skills to ensure smooth transitions when implementing and/or adapting applications to the future state, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrable ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery and information management across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs
- Strong data analysis skills exemplified by detailed spreadsheet/ database creation with a knack for diving into the numbers and presenting data-driven insights
++ Work from anywhere!
++ Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
++ Generous paid parental leave
++ Unlimited time off
++ Retirement Savings: Company 401(k) Plan with a 3% match
++ Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
Find out more about our US benefits here!
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.