HappyCo (Happy Inspector)
Accounting & Finance
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing finance team. The senior accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with monthly close processes, assisting with payroll and contractor payments, conducting internal audits and maintaining appropriate financial documentation.
This role is a 100% US-Remote role; however, in order to effectively collaborate with team members effectively candidates located within the US Pacific time zone are preferred.
During your first 1-2 weeks, you will:
- Get to know the finance team, your manager and our leadership, culture, and values
- Complete our HappyCo orientation and onboarding program
- Begin to learn our financial software (Xero, Airbase/ Brex, SaaSOptics)
- Be introduced to EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- Attend your first Company Wide Meeting and Department Meeting
During your first 6-8 weeks, you will:
- Get acquainted with the different departments
- Learn our processes for A/R, A/P, and month end close
- Learn more about HappyCo products and services
- Gather information from various parts of the business to support reporting needs of the business
- Learn our payroll and contractor payment processes
During your first 6-12 months you will:
- Lead month end process
- Add efficiencies and written processes to the Finance Team
- Assist in fully utilizing NetSuite and financial software to meet departmental goals
- Assist in the company audit
What we think you need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 5+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Exceptional numeracy, analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with: Different reporting systems - to be able to adapt and contribute as we move towards streamlining and simplifying company financial reporting; NetSuite; Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with GAAP; Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes; and Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Proven expertise in: Contributing to the development and review of accounting policies and processes; Meeting processing and reporting deadlines; and Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Canadian payroll experience is desirable
Keys to optimum happiness at HappyCo:
- Pushing forward in ambiguity while striving for clarity
- Prioritizing for sustained impact vs helping in the moment
- Empowering teams instead of enforcing standards
- Be a proactive contributor to team culture, with a strong growth mindset
- Experience and understanding of early-stage scale-ups and the challenges they face
- Experience within the multifamily residential property industry desirable
++Work from anywhere!
++Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
++Generous paid parental leave
++Unlimited time off
++Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
Find out more about our US Employee Benefits on our careers page.
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.