Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Hybrid (Newmarket) and or UK remote
Hours: 4-day working week (no salary sacrifice)
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000
Who we are and what is important to us:
Wonde is an innovative and fast-growing, ed-tech scale-up that is on a mission to deliver cutting-edge technologies to improve ways of working for the education sector.
Our goal is to ensure the focus is always on the learning outcomes for the students. We do this by transforming how school data is maintained, managed and accessed by third-party applications (apps) via our simple API platform.
We are trusted by over 25,000 schools globally in the security and reliability of their technology and data.
We’re committed to changing the lives of students, teachers and parents and want the help of talented individuals who will support our journey in driving better outcomes for the education sector.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing and talented engineering team to help us build the future of Wonde. As a Senior Software Engineer at Wonde, you will lead the creation of both frontend and backend applications and play a large part in shaping their architecture. We use modern cloud-based technologies in Amazon Web Services and would be happy to use your existing knowledge or support you in learning more in this area.
You’ll have the opportunity to mentor and support the Associate to Mid-level engineers in several projects with the reach to play a large role in their career development.
You will quickly be able to make your mark by maintaining and developing our next generation of products and will be given the autonomy and freedom to create the developments how you see fit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and developing our next generation of products
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new and existing software
- Performing code assignments and collectively crafting high-quality code
- Contributing to the common code bases and standards for your team
- Reviewing code changes for accuracy, functionality and risk
- Mentoring and supporting the Associate to Mid-level engineers where needed and appropriate
- Identify new ways of working, technology and processes to improve efficiencies
Technologies we use:
- PHP with Laravel (our language and framework of choice)
- My SQL databases (really big and globally distributed ones)
- Amazon Web Services (from RDS to Lamda, we love tech!)
What we’re hoping you’ll bring
- Experience with PHP and laravel
- Experience with cloud hosting providers - AWS (desirable)
- Experience coaching and mentoring up-and-coming developers (desirable)
- The capabilities and desire to work in a startup atmosphere
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with an innovative mindset
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and driving forward the work from conception to delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and to interact efficiently with others
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and have worked hard to create adaptable and comprehensive benefits packages to suit individual needs, although you can expect the below as standard:
- 4-day working week
- Flexible working schedule/work-from-home opportunities
- Onsite gym and well-being (quiet room) facilities
- Buying and selling holiday scheme (unlimited)
- Additional holiday for length of service
- Annual allowance for volunteering days
- Onsite trained mental health and well-being champions
- Monthly lunch club (on us)
- Comprehensive wellness programmes (think meditation retreats and continuous access to well-being apps/initiatives)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Electric car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye examination scheme
- Financial contribution to the set up of work-from-home environments
- Use of new and leading technology in the form of apple products
- Frequent company-funded social events
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme
- Casual Dress Code
In addition to the above, you’ll have access to our ‘take your pick’ benefits scheme which is tailored specifically to you!
Wonde is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage interest from all candidates and do not discriminate against any non-merit factors. If you require any adjustments to the application or selection process please call or email us so we can ensure you have the correct support.
Please only use this number for needed amendments. If you're looking to understand more about an opportunity you’ll need to apply or confirm a time with the talent team at the above email address.
Something looks off?