Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Hybrid (Newmarket, Cornwall or Belfast ) or Remote
Hours: 32 hours across a 4-day working week (no salary sacrifice)
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000 - flexible depending on experience
Product: Wonde https://www.wonde.com/
Wonde is an innovative and fast-growing, ed-tech scale-up that is on a mission to deliver cutting-edge technologies to improve ways of working for the education sector.
Our goal is to ensure the focus is always on the learning outcomes for the students. We do this by transforming how school data is maintained, managed and accessed by third-party applications (apps) via our simple API platform.
We are trusted by over 28,000 schools globally in the security and reliability of their technology and data.
We’re committed to changing the lives of students, teachers and parents and want the help of talented individuals who will support our journey in driving better outcomes for the education sector.
We’re looking for a UX Engineer to join our growing and talented engineering team to help us build the future of Wonde. As a UX Engineer at Wonde, you will focus on the user experiences of our products and in helping bring them to life.
You will work closely with our Product Owners as well as the technical teams to understand our users, their needs and expectations and to collaboratively design and build great user experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing user experiences in close collaboration with our Product Owners and technical leads
- Exploring and illustrating design ideas using storyboards and user story mapping
- Designing reusable graphical user interface elements in a style guide for the engineering team to follow
- Running or supporting user prototype testing
- Using data-driven insights and user research to help inform design decisions
- Implement and introduce our brand vision & product benefit across design activity
- Challenge existing processes and technologies to drive forward positive change or highlight potential opportunities for change
- Research and adapt the latest design trends and technologies
- Ensure creative deliverables are aligned to brand guidelines
- Engage and partner with the marketing team to support wider projects
- Participate in internal and external meetings, acting as subject matter expert
- Where appropriate partner with external agencies
What we’re hoping you’ll bring:
- Experience as a UX/UI Designer or equivalent role
- A strong understanding of User Experience and best practices around accessibility
- User interface design skills with an innovative mindset
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and driving forward the work from conception to delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and to interact efficiently with others
- Previous experience of building user interfaces in PHP, Laravel, Livewire and Tailwind.css (a nice to have)
What you’ll get:
Wonde is much more than just a place to work. It is a place to grow, innovate, excel and learn. We have tech people, creative people and people people, all focused on providing a superior customer experience.
We value, support and champion those we work with - promoting personal growth and happiness. We get that our success is dependent on the collective energy, intelligence and contributions of all our team members and we are committed to ensuring our work environment is the best it can be.
We value your commitment and have worked hard to create adaptable and comprehensive benefits packages to suit individual needs, although you can expect the below as standard:
- 4-day working week
- Flexible working schedule/work-from-home opportunities
- Onsite gym and well-being (quiet room) facilities
- Buying and selling holiday scheme
- Additional holiday for length of service
- Annual allowance for volunteering days
- Onsite trained mental health and well-being champions
- Monthly lunch club (on us)
- Comprehensive wellness programmes (think meditation retreats and continuous access to well-being apps/initiatives)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Electric car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye examination scheme
- Financial contribution to the set up of work-from-home environments
- Use of new and leading technology in the form of apple products
- Frequent company-funded social events
- Office closure between Christmas & New Year
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive employee referral scheme
- Casual Dress Code
In addition to the above, you’ll have access to our ‘take your pick’ benefits scheme which is tailored specifically to you!
Wonde is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage interest from all candidates and do not discriminate against any non-merit factors. If you require any adjustments to the application or selection process please call or email us so we can ensure you have the correct support.
Please only use this number for needed amendments. If you're looking to understand more about an opportunity you’ll need to apply or confirm a time with the talent team at the above email address.